As we near the end of another year, how has it been for you?
Time to reflect and get ourselves ready to do it all again!
I write this on 25th November, just 10 minutes after seeing a Facebook friend of mine post that this time next month it will be ‘the’ day…and it got me to thinking; here we are almost at the end of another year, and as with all of the others – hasn’t it flown by? It seems like only a couple of weeks ago that I was blogging some advice on getting out of a February funk with New Years resolutions!
As I reflect on my own year, it has been filled with some pretty big challenges, lots of great achievements and of course from both of these, lots (and lots!) that I’ve learned to hopefully stand me in good stead for 2014 and beyond. Here are some of my own reflections:
- I’ve loved meeting lots of new people and being lucky enough to stay connected to existing clients. When I reflect on where I am now compared to last year, I am thankful for this and aim to continue this into 2014.
- I’ve really loved developing over 350 people throughout the year and helping many of them both personally and professionally.
- A definite challenge has been maintaining a steady stream of blog articles; at the start of the year I aimed for at least one a month and this is number 13, so phew!
As we hunker down for the final few hectic weeks of the year, it’s prudent to begin some self-reflection on the year itself. By doing this, we can understand the high points, low points and learning points of the year and how we might like the year ahead to be similar or different.
What are your answers to the following questions?
- What have you loved about the year?
- What have been the biggest challenges?
- What have you learned from the challenges?
- What’s different now to this time last year?
- What are your plans for next year?
Let us know your biggest achievements in the comments below!